Friday, August 05, 2005

Training Day 2 - Haven't Quit Yet!

Time: 40 minutes
12.5 minute mile (!)


Legs are sore again, but it hurts so good! I feel good - it feels like I could keep going beyind the 40 minutes, but I don't want too push too hard yet - don't want to get injured this early on.


Let's talk about music for a moment. I don't think I could do this (training) without my i-Pod. In fact, I don't know how I've been able to manage all these years without one! Using the shuffle mode has actually resulted in a pretty good soundtrack for my endeavors last night. Here are some of the songs from last night that I may have to add to my permanent running playlist:


- "Who Do You Want to Be Today" - Oingo Boingo. I can't drive when this song is on, because it makes me want to drive really fast! It works great for running though!
- "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker" - The Ramones. Anything by the Ramones is great to run to.
- "Keep on Runnin'" - Journey. With all the emphasis on Billy Squier's "She's A Runner", I forgot all about this one! Helps me keep tempo.
- "Apollo 9" - Adam Ant. Counting in songs is always helpful when running.
- "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head" & "The Lady is a Tramp"- They Might Be Giants and "Enid" - Barenaked Ladies. Quirky is always good.


Tomorrow is my third and last running workout for my first week. I am increasingly proud of myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home