Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Surprises

Well, got a surprise donation from a very unexpected source this morning...my sister's ex-hubby. Thanks, Mike! You rock like a hurricane! Also got a donation from Aunt Terry and Uncle Rich - kudos to you as well!


Now for the rest of you...


My evening training went well. I'm just a hair over a 12 minute mile, but I had to run in front of my husband tonight which was stressful enough! (He's never seen me run - athletically - he has seen me run for that last inari sushi at Crazy Buffet though! Crazy Buffet...mmmm....where am I going here?) Oh yes, 3.25 miles tonight, and I could have kept on going, so that's encouraging. I am discovering the theraputic benefits of running/walking - had a stressful day today (no reason in particular) and stress just melted away on the treadmill. Must give major props to Apple - don't know if I could get through these early days sans i-Pod! I'm sure I am amusing my fellow workout-ers at Gold's as they watch me lip-synch such hits as "The Bitch is Back" (Elton) and "You Want This" (Janet Jackson). I also got to enjoy such varied delights as "Let Me Clear My Throat" (DJ Kool) and "Banana Phone"(?) tonight!


Thursday is (realistically) my last workout for a week. We're going to New Jersey to spend time with family, and I am majorly guilty of going into "I'm on vacation" mode (I am going to have my first authentic Philly cheese steak, for goodness sake. I'm sure the grease coma will last a few days for that alone!) So until Thursday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Livework Studios LLC said...

It's nice to follow someone else's trials and tribulations. I am training to run the Gasparilla Marathon in February and I've been blogging about it on runningthroughtampa.blogspot.com. Please come check it out.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home