Thursday, January 19, 2006

Am I crazy? Of course I am...

And you thought runninfitz was dead, huh? Well, it goes on...


As I was looking at the pictures from the race, a funny feeling started welling up inside of me. The pictures of me are horrible - I look like I am going to die - and, in the "money shot", the one in front of Cinderella's Castle, I have my eyes closed! Thoughts began running through my mind such as, "look at all of these people in the fun costumes, smiling and waving to the camera" and "Gee, I wish I had brought a camera to chronicle this." I also felt such a feeling of accomplishment - first that I actually finished, but also that I raised money for a great cause. So, long story short, I am going to do it again in 2007! In the interim, I signed up for the inaugural Disneyland Half Marathon in September (yes, I have gone from merely "crazy" to positively "certifiable".) I figured this would be the only way I'd ever get to see Disneyland and get back to California (which P. hates!) I am actually going to try and TRAIN for this one (gasp!) I am planning to walk (I'm saying this now for the benefit of my father-in-law, who feels "ripped off" that I walked the WDW Half!), but I want to get more used to going the longer distances and upping my speed just a little (I'd love to finish in under 3 hours - even if it's 2 hours and 59 seconds.) So. I guess runninfitz has gotten a reprieve. I'll update periodically and let you know about my progress (and you'll definitely hear from me after July, when I start acquiring donations for Team in Training!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home