Monday, October 17, 2005

Recommitted

Well, got my recommitment papers on Saturday. This is pretty much the halfway point to the big race! I have met my fundraising goal of $2100 (thanks to all who contributed!) so all I have to concern myself with is me. Do I have what it takes to finish the race? Is my body going to hold up for 13.1 miles (and afterwards too!)? Am I going to get out and do more running in preparation for this, or continue to make excuses as to why I can't get to the gym/track after work (I'm tired, I have to feed/take out the dog, "House" is on, etc.) At least I have beaten the lamest excuse of all - "I don't have a rubber band (for my hair)." Missing a workout due to a hair product is inexcusable! So, the one day I went last week, I did pretty well/average (still at a 12 minute mile.) Lots of aches in the hip area to contend with...no amount of stretching seems to help. I am getting a bone density scan on Thursday. A few years ago (ok, 3 or so) I was diagnosed with osteopenia, so just need a checkup. I am going to see my orthopedic doc if it's gotten worse (full-blown osteoporosis) - I'm afraid he may nix my run altogether! Let's keep fingers crossed...


Recommitment...hmmm...no better time than now to get off my butt and workout! If I don't commit, I will not be able to finish. A 5K does not a half marathon make, you know. I am a stubborn person, and I'm not a quitter, especially when it comes to running - so expect more entries detailing my running accomplishments in the very near future!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to see you are back to your blog, and that the running is going well! I hope all turns out equally well with the doctor. Keep up the awesome work, but don't be so hard on yourself, you are accomplishing and have accomplished more than most! Lots of love, little sis :)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home