Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Week o' excuses

I know this is supposed to be a blog dedicated to my training, but, since it's supposed to be a "warts and all" representation of my life, I must now admit that I am a bad person, but I think my excuses are justified. First off, the new puppy. What a handful - but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I wanted to have bonding time with her again (my poor husband tried to juggle her and work for the whole day, so I took him off her hands so he could go to the gym. I hate putting her in the crate if I don't have to.) So we played with the "Heave-A-Beaver" (best dog toy name EVER!) for a while last night, in an attempt to tire her out so she'd go to sleep (unfortunately, this mission was not a success!) Just warming up for my excuses for not going to the gym tonight, in case I don't make it...I think I got about 3 hours of sleep last night - after the dog took a break from crying, barking and generally making Paul and I feel horrible for locking her up! To top it off, I'm a little "under the weather", as females are prone to be - if you catch my drift. Add to this the fact that we are going to most likely have company tonight - some very special refugees from New Orleans - my sister and her boyfriend (and their 2 dogs!) - hope they aren't coming to sleep! Actually, just like everyone else in N'awlins, they are currently homeless and are on the way to Naples to stay with the folks for a while and wanted to stop by. I rarely get to see my youngest sis, and haven't met the boyfriend (although he's gotten rave reviews from the rest of the family), so I would be a horrid sis if I didn't welcome her to the "house of squalor" for a visit!

So anyway...save an extended walk with Boo (I'd walk to California right now to get her to sleep through the night!), may not make it tonight. Due to bad weather, our weekend trek to Savannah has been cancelled, so at least I can make up for lost time and get back on track! Dave (big bro) gave me his book he used to train for Disney last year, so I can read that too and get inspired even more!

Whew...long post, huh? Next time I'll get back to the nitty gritty and write about how I'm kicking butt again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home