Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Let the (Mind) Games Begin...

Scheduled workout: 20 min easy run, 10 minute fast pace
Actual workout: 21 minute easy run (with 4 minutes of walking breaks)
2.86 miles
13 minute mile (avg. speed 4.5 mph)

I'm a wimp!
It's awful to find that out. A week away from running has killed me! I am a cardio machine on the elliptical trainer (45 minutes up and down hills without a break) and a 25 minute run kills me! My knees feel ok, but my mind is the body part that is going to give me the most problems! I had to keep pushing and pushing myself, and I know I can do 25 minutes running - I just got out of breath a few times. I will overcome. I think I started running too fast, after a week of inactivity and ungodly amount of food consumption (damn you funnel cake!) Going to make up and do the 20/10 run tonight, but I expect I may have to take a little break somewhere in there. Again, thanks, i-Pod! last nights selections included "Wildside" by Crue, "Le Freak" by Chic, "Bag it Up" by Geri Halliwell and "Going Underground" by The Jam. I will comply the ultimate running mix by the end of my training - that's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home