Thursday, June 15, 2006

The "Snooze Lounge" is Closed!

First week, first set of excuses! Yay! I must start by saying that I had the best of intentions going into this week. That being said, I am already fighting the clock for training. Evenings are too tough. After a hard day of sitting on my bum in front of a computer, I, for whatever reason, am plum tuckered! Add to that trying to squeeze in quality time with hubby and pooch, and you can see where night workouts ain't gonna happen. Not to add too much fuel to my excuse fire, but I have been trying to write at night (and I have a freelance writing gig with an entertainment blog now, which consumes any free time I have on Tuesday and Wednesday for a while, at least.)


So what about mornings? Here's where it gets sticky. As in I'm stuck in bed and don't want to get up! My morning ritual involves setting my cell phone alarm to 5am (it's stored under my phone as "Gym" so there's no confusion) and being awoken to the introductory riff of AC/DC's "Back in Black" - very motivational, as it motivates me to hit the snooze and head out of the bedroom and into what I have dubbed "The Snooze Lounge." The Lounge is our guest bedroom, where my old "single Sex and the City gal" futon bed is. It is one comfy bed. In fact, I sleep in it quite often when hubby's out of town. Lots of pillows on it (because I'm a girl and pillows are essential for some unknown, probably hormonal reason) and a down blanket on top. My visit to the beautiful slumber I enjoy in the Lounge is interrupted every 7 minutes by Angus Young and his tasty guitar licks until I drag my weary carcass out of bed. Sometimes, I snooze just enoughto make it to the gym for the full hour I need to work out. Sometimes I just reset my alarm to "Workday" and catch a few extra Zs. Guess what I did Tuesday and Wednesday? So, in the interest of not humiliating myself in front of the entire state of California, I am closing the Snooze Lounge until further notice (or if hubby gets up at the crack of "Oh my God" to go fishing - which he does quite a bit.) Let's have a moment of silence...


Despite the allure of the Lounge, I was able to get my butt to the gym this AM, and I did almost 3 miles (I got to the gym, but didn't allow myself enough time to go the full 3 miles and get a proper cooldown.) For not doing it for a while, I was at a 13 minue mile, which was pretty good. I'm happy, and I'll be happier when I start doing 13 minute miles every day!


Snooze Lounge R.I.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home