Thursday, December 28, 2006

Inspiration and Memories

(Sounds like a bad, late-night, CD compliation of religious songs, doesn't it?)
Oh well, yes, I leave for Orlando a week from tomorrow to humilitate myself...I mean, take part in my second half marathon at Walt Disney World. Am I ready? Oh, hell no. But, I feel confident that I will at least finish (not in record time, mind you, but I will cross the line somewhere under 3 and a half hours.) Not as psyched this time around, mainly because I wasn't able to raise all of the $$ I was supposed to for my charity (mark my words, I am never doing a run for dough again. I may do another race (sorry Mom and Dad, I am slightly addicted - and if I do well next week, who knows? But, never hitting up anyone for cash again - not my "thing".)So anywhoo, I'm babbling. I was trying to get myself psyched for next week by (finally!) posting some photos from Disneyland. So, enjoy the show...



Here's Rose and I at the start line - looking pretty perky for 5AM, huh? I think the Hefty cape/wrap really makes my outfit, don't you think? Works well with the Pooh ears...



There are people behind me, honest! This (of course) is Main Street in Disneyland. Should've taken more photos, but I was driven to get in under 3 (which I did - just!)



What a welcome sight! It was cool that Rose was there to cheer me and my leaden legs to the bitter end.



The fruits of our labors! They do have some cool-ass medals at Disney. I really want to do this one again. Let's see how next week goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home