Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Steaming Horse Dung

Betcha thought I've been slacking off, huh? Well, as I figured, I didn't do the Saturday workout, as I wanted to spend some time with my husband, who didn't even fish that day(!) - so we both made sacrifices to the god of quality time. Sunday I finally ventured outside for a workout (I generally use a treadmill at the gym so I can track time and distance more accurately and, more importantly, avoid the potential dangers of trekking around Hooterville in the pre-dawn darkness.) I hit the Suncoast Trail at 3:00pm - the heat was unbearable. As I chugged along, the aroma of hot horse poop haunted my nostrils (a result of living where I do) and the sun roasted my exposed skin. On the positive side, I kept pace for the whole 5 miles! On the downside, I skipped strength training yesterday AM (I have been really tired lately. I can't make it through an evening movie, last night I passed out before the exciting conclusion of "Hollow Man 2".) Today I did 4 miles without a hitch, so I'm back on track for mid-September!


By the way, I'm still looking for donations for my January exploits at Walt Disney World (for Joints in Motion). If you're feeling charitable, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home