Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Time Flies...When You're A SLACKER!

Yeah, yeah, yeah (insert excuse here)...I did go workout today, really - I was humiliated that I had to do a tricep press with less weight than the elderly lady who used the machine before me - but I deserved that! I do have a few legitimate excuses (second job, house hunting) but overall, not really. But now, I have a mission...


Yes, I have once again signed up to participate in the Walt Disney World Half Marathon (in case you're wondering, yes - I am crazy.) This is, unlike that last time I signed up for this, the last year I am doing this. I just wanted to do a good thing for a charity that is very close to my heart, and actually attempt to have fun this time around, as it's been established that I can complete the course within the time limit. So, now for the begging...


I am taking part in the race this year (I'm not even going to try and say I'm running the race this year. My knees are the primary reason that I'm hanging up my sneaks after January) for Joints in Motion, an arthritis charity. Those who know me are aware that arthritis is an affliction that I have had quite a bit of experience with. My Dad deals with it and, thanks to genetics, I'll probably have it when I get older. SO, you can see my reasons for doing the race this year. My website for donations is all set up, so if you're feeling charitable...click here. And of course, check back for updates on Disneyland (coming soon, real soon!) and Walt Disney World. Now that I'm committed (or should be), I'll be updating more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home